Dylan Smith stands 6’1, 225 lbs, benching 295 lbs, squatting 425 lbs, and deadlifting 375 lbs. The four star, tenth ranked LB blessed Edna Karr’s field last season with his explosive swiftness and agility, getting into the opponent’s pocket, and wasting no time finding and attacking his targets. The passion of football and determination oozes off of his words as he confidently stated, “They should remember the name Dylan Smith.”
When was your first time playing football?
- When I was playing 7 or 8 park ball football
Why did you start playing football?
- My dad was a football star and I just wanted to follow after him
Who inspires you? What is it about that person that inspires you?
- My dad inspires me to play football because me seeing all his trophies at a young age I wanted to be just like you. I felt like I had something to prove.
How do you feel your teammates would describe you?
- I believe they will describe me as a very open person, explosive, a play maker. I feel like my teammates know they can come talk to me about anything like if anything’s going on.
If you weren’t playing football what would you be doing?
- I’ll probably be in the band playing the saxophone. I played for a few years
Where have you seen the most growth in your play?
- Weeding my keys and going down hill
What are your goals going into next year/after college?
- My goals are to become number one in the state, that’s my number one goal
What would you like to major in in college?
- Nuclear engineering
Receiving offers from Prairie View A&M University and University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff so far, the 2020 prospect has a guaranteed promised future. His ambition, drive, and natural born talent will take him as far as he’ll allow it. Watch out for Smith dominating an offense at a university near you.